2.12.2011

Carl Hayward's Rocket Fish!!!






Dano speaks: "I had the privilege to work for Carl Hayward for a few years. He was a awesome person that taught me a lot about building surfboards.
    My Friend Eugene bought this Hayward fish at a garage sale and rode it to death. So a few years back we did a redo with same airspray and all.
   Since then I have done a few here and there, but I never got to show Carl before he pasted away, I think he would be stocked."


So I too work with Carl Hayward back in the late 1980's & early 1990's @ Billabong U.S.A. in Costa Mesa. He was an amazing shaper and all around nice guy. I had Dano make me my own Rocket Fish! This thing is amazing!! This was picture was taken a few years back, but I still keep this thing in my current board line up!!
P.S. Stay off the shoulder!!

No comments: